Real Stories: How I Became a Gold Digger



After I ate the salad he ordered for me the waiter came by to pour some more of the expensive bottle of champagne into our glasses. It's almost time. I was practically giddy but I kept it all inside and try to take my mind off of it. I tried to think about how I love him despite all the nasty things. He says to me despite the yelling despite the fact that he cheated. I love him I do and now I want my present. It's my prize for putting up with him. She smiled after the waiter left and pulled out a big box. I smiled coyly at him my present he gave me a wink and then handed the present to me. I wanted to tear it open like a four-year-old on Christmas, but I kept my composure. I slowly pull the ribbon picked up the tape gently and calmly undressed the box. There was a Red Box inside and when I opened the lid there was a beautiful shiny diamond necklace. I'm super depressed in this relationship and I hate being around him. But when I see diamonds it all just melts away. This is how I became a gold digger. I wasn't always like this. In fact at the beginning of my first relationship. I was really determined to prove that. It was not like the other girls. I wanted to show that I was not materialistic which was true at the time and I wanted to show my appreciation with whatever he gave me because his love was all that mattered to me before. That changed when he started buying me a lot of food and things his mother never showed him any real affection as a child and because of that he mimicked her ways by showing me affection only through gifts. I have never received this much stuff before especially since my mother and I often struggled financially because she was a single parent she gave me everything I wanted even if I didn't ask for it until the point the total money spent on me for every date was equivalent to Hundred dollars that's a lot of money, especially since we were barely even 16 back then. But we had a lot of problems and we started fighting more and more because of our problems is so it came to the point that his money was the only thing that made me happy in the relationship his gifts Were Somehow compensation for my unhappiness and dissatisfaction in the relationship. He would give me all these different and expensive gifts and we go on these expensive dates to hide the core of the real problem. We didn't love each other that much anymore. It kept getting worse between us I was no longer patient and understanding with him and I became demanding and even aggressive when I didn't get what I wanted. I treated him almost like he wasn't my equal. I had ridiculously high expectations of him because I couldn't feel what I felt during the first year of our relationship anymore. But I didn't want to break up with him even after three years into the relationship because of his money at this point. He was already cheating on me with another girl, but I still remain firm with not breaking up with him until he was able to buy me a present for Christmas Valentine's in my birthday. I even tried fooling myself thinking that deep down. I still do genuinely love him. But I knew that it wasn't him that I loved it was his money. His money helped me with a lot of things Not only was I able to afford the things I needed and wanted it helps ease. My mother's expenses. She didn't have to pay that much for me, and she was able to save a lot of money at the time ever since I fell out of love. The only person I thought about was myself and my mother I thought that he deserved me using him after everything he had done to me. Even though I had my part in the blame for the outcome of our relationship, he was also no angel. I may have eventually became a gold digger. But he also did his part he became more and more emotionally abusive. I had to stop eating because he kept calling me fat and because I was so depressed I was able to quickly lose 10 pounds in less than a month. He didn't just very often called me fat, but he would also talk behind my back to his friends about things like how he never thought I was pretty 


You win I decided to distance myself from boys and dating after that to just really reflect it make my self heal from a previous relationship. I still was very good at saving my money and even work different small jobs to earn money. I sold most of the things he gave me and put it in my bank account to help my mother with future payments. I wanted to become better and I didn't want to go back to who I was before. I didn't like who I had become and I want to love my next boyfriend. We're genuinely now and that's use him because of his Is money Though I have to admit that I did relapses getting into short-term relationships with guys. I never really liked they had money and they gave me what he gave me before and that's why I stayed with them. It was short term because I knew it was wrong. There was something within me that told me to stop I was never really happy with this kind of lifestyle and finally after the second short term relationship it became even more determined to change for the better in separate from my materialistic ways. I wanted to become a much better. Person, I don't want to be a gold digger. I did not want to use people for what they had anymore. I hope that this story will teach people that our relationship should not survive solely on expensive gifts and extravagant dates money cannot buy love and that they should not depend so heavily on someone just for their money or base their self-worth on money and give such a significant other gives them a relationship should just be filled with genuine love and affection. If they're okay, but if gifts are the only way of showing affection then something must be changed there.

Post a Comment

0 Comments